Friday, January 22, 2010

Hot Buttered Tomato Soup


Pin It Now!

hot buttered tomato soup

Yesterday I was craving a grilled cheese sandwich which is weird since I don’t really like cheese (it bothers me that cheese had to age and mold before it gets consumed, that just grosses me out). I figured my body just needed a boost of calcium. Of course I couldn’t eat just a grilled cheese sandwich, I needed some soup to go along with it. This is my all time favorite tomato soup. It’s quick to make and oh-so-good. Sometimes I like to sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan cheese on top. This soup is also delicious served cold. Make this today, you won’t regret it. And if you have access to fresh basil (unlike I did) by all means use it instead of dried.



Hot Buttered Tomato Soup
Printer-friendly version
Serves 4

1 (1qt 14oz) can tomato juice
¾ tsp dried basil
1 ½ tsp sugar
1 ½ Tbl brown sugar
dash garlic powder, to taste
sea salt, to taste
2 ½ Tbl butter

Combine all ingredients except butter in sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.


Source: adapted slightly from Cooking the INN Way

Pin It Now!

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.