Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Fall Must-Have


Pin It Now!



I’m not a fan of skinny jeans--I don’t like the way I look in them. How can they be flattering on anyone? But since I have some brand new, amazing boots to wear this fall I needed to invest in some skinny jeans so I can wear my boots over the jeans. I was unable to find a pair of skinny jeans that I liked in my size. The sales associate suggested I try on these new J Brand denim leggings in the 'olympia' wash. Now, I love leggings, but black denim leggings? Ugh, they had to be worse than skinny jeans. But, to be a good sport, I tried them on. They were sooo comfortable but I was hesitant about buying them. Would I wear them? Mr. Surly liked them and thought I should get them. I still wasn’t convinced, so I put them on hold and we continued our shopping. Mr. Surly went going through all the points for getting them:

*I have 1 (yes, only 1) pair of pants that fits me (the rest are too big and I don’t want to buy more because I’m convinced that I will soon gain back some weight)

*I can wear them with my new boots

*He liked the way they fit me, giving me the illusion of a butt (it makes my flat, pancake butt look curvy and voluptuous)

*They were comfortable

*Did I mention I really need pants that fit?

I bought them and I'm so glad I did. These pants have barely left my body since purchasing (and washing) them this past weekend. The fabric is so stretchy and comfortable. I love them and I really can’t say enough about them. Once the weather finally cools off I envision myself wearing these pants along with the new UGG 'cardy' boots I bought last week. I love comfortable footware. I saw these babies and had to have them. I wanted the cream, but decided they would get too dirty, the gray was much safer.

I’m going to be sad when I finally gain back some weight and this pants don’t fit me anymore. But then, I can pass them on to someone else who will love and enjoy them as much as me.

I know this post is in no way related to food, but I just haven't felt much like cooking lately. And I love, love, love these pants and just had to let others know about them.


__________________________________________________________________________________
This post is not an advertisement for any of the above brands (J Brand, Frye, and Ugg Australia). I bought and paid for all of the products and just loved them so much I wanted to share my opinion with others

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have been too scared to try some on... I have the opposite problem that you have- I have a big ole booty! haha, hopefully I will soon find something to give me the illusion of half of a butt!

surlykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i wish i had a butt; mine has always been flat. it's so difficult find the perfect pocket placement in pants to make it look like i have some type of butt. most my female relatives are cursed this way as well, and we lament about it together.

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.