Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Lovely Cookie


Pin It Now!

Photobucket

My brother-in-law received these cookies as a Christmas gift this year. One of his friends invested in this cookie company a couple years ago, and I guess they are doing well. So my brother-in-law brought them to share. When I saw a bag full of chocolaty goodness, I admit I was pretty excited to dig in.

First, I had to weigh out all my options as there was a variety from which to choose. I apologive about the crappy photos, I didn’t bring my dSLR camera with me. No room for it with all my sweaters, thermals, and Christmas gifts.

I love chocolate and peanut butter, so I tried on of the peanut butter Lovely Oh’s.

Photobucket

It was basically an oreo with peanut butter filling (does Oreo/Nabisco even make that?), then dipped in dark chocolate. Now, I’m not a fan of oreos, never was. When I was little I liked to open them and maybe lick some crème, but I’d leave the cookies for someone else to eat. Therefore, these lovely oh’s weren’t my favorite.

Undeterred, I moved on to the Mint Lovely Oh’s.

Photobucket

Again, like a mint filled double stuff oreo dipped in dark chocolate. Better than the peanut butter, but still, to me, just ok.

Photobucket


By this point, I assumed the plain lovely oh’s were just like chocolate dipped oreos, so I skipped those and I moved on to the giant cookies.

First up, this dark chocolate fudge was calling out to me. It was baked and rolled in sugar and tasted marvelous.

Photobucket

I only ate half, since I had another flavor to try, the Triple Chocolate mint.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wasn't really a fan of this mint cookie. Something tasted "off," like there was alcohol in the extract that overpowered the mint flavor. I couldn't even finish half of this cookie. Instead, I went back for more of the yummy chocolate fudge one.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me that they are vegan, gluten free, certified organic, yada yada. I just like that they aren’t too sugary sweet, nor overly processed tasting. And they are free of high fructose corn syrup, which is a huge plus.

Photobucket


I doubt I would order them online for myself; I’d rather try to find a local place that sells similar items, if I were going to buy them at all. I would rather just make cookies myself. But, they would make a nice gift for someone with a gluten-intolerance (or celiac disease), vegan, or someone else who is into this kind of baked good. They remind me of those cookies they send when you sign up for an annual VegNews subscription (and the kind they also sell at Nordstrom’s coffee bar); I can’t remember the name.

______________________________________________________________________________
Not a paid advertisement. Liz Lovely has no idea who I am nor that I wrote a post about her delicious products.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Amy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm so curious to try these. I've always had a soft spot for Oreos and peanut butter--weird, I know!--so I'd have to give those little guys a try.

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ohhh wow! these look great... I wonder if they are available in Dallas!

surlykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i'm not sure what stores would sell them. i had never heard of them until the other day.

i have found my self grabbing a mint lovely oh, whenever i pass them in the kitchen... so maybe they are growing on me

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.