Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas


Pin It Now!



I hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing holiday with friends and family. I'm still up north, and will be for awhile longer, soaking in some much needed time with my family. I hope everyone else is having a wonderful Christmas, as well.

Because I'm so excited about it, I just have to share the amazing gift Mr.Surly got me this year.

Photobucket


Ever since I became serious about cooking a little over a year ago, I knew I eventually needed to upgrade my cookware. For months, I just wasn’t sure which line to go with. After researching my options I finally decided I wanted the All Clad d5 line, which is exclusive to Williams Sonoma. (FYI: After discussing the differences with a sales associate, she informed me that the Copper Core line and the d5 brushed stainless lines will lose their finish if washed in a dishwasher. She suggested the d5 stainless line if I plan on putting them in the dishwasher). I put together a wish list months ago and showed it to Mr. Surly. He suggested we get married already so we could get this stuff for free, as wedding gifts. But I don’t want to get married until I’m healthy again. I cannot deal with the stress of planning out a wedding when I’m barely able to function. So we’ve agreed to wait until I’m less medicated, basically back to (almost) normal to get married. My doctor doubts I will ever be totally free of stomach problems and his goal is to get me back to a functioning level. I’m still holding out hope that they will find the cause of this and I will one day get back to my normal, healthy physical state. Then I can deal with planning a wedding.

Ah, but I digress, back to the cookware.

We exchanged gifts before we flew up north so we wouldn't need to lug them on the plane to unwrap just to return with them a week later. I was surprised and thrilled when Mr. Surly presented me with three gorgeous items for Christmas. I think that he got them to motivate me back into the kitchen and make some food since I have been pretty lazy recently. I’ve been making meals that require little to no work, and I know he’s longing for a change in my measly, sparse menu. Well, he certainly has inspired me; I can’t wait to get back home and put these guys to use. But I still have a few more days to enjoy being sous chef. Looks like I better bask in the rest because once I arrive home I feel like I’ll be spending a lot of time getting to know my new cookware.



What was your favorite gift this year?


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Haley said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on the beautiful All Clad!!!!
Merry Christmas!

surlykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks, i can't wait to see your new le creuset!

MegSmith said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a wonderful gift! I got a food processor that I am just ecstatic about! I can not wait to make peanut butter and hummus etc...

surlykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i have a food processor on my list, too. you have to let me know how you like yours.

Wanna Be A Country Cleaver said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oooo yay for new cookware!! Ben has put a moratorium on my "investing" in new cookware until I have somewhere to put it. There's something about a dinky one bedroom apartment with a galley kitchen that doesn't lend it self to storage very well haha.
I'll live vicariously through you!! haha I heart AllClad!

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.