Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring Fashion Favorites


Pin It Now!



Sorry, no food post today. Due to all the medical tests and doctor visits I've had recently, I have had little to no time to cook. So instead of posting about food, I'd like to talk about a new designer I just discovered, Joie, specifically the soft collection.

For some reason, this spring, I decided I wanted some cruise, nautical-themed shirts. I need the horizontal stripes to help me not look so skinny. Awhile ago, I purchased a Groupon for my favorite local boutique. Have you ever used Groupon? I didn't think I would until I saw this coupon for 50% off at my favorite boutique, I just couldn't pass that up, so I signed up then and there.

Recently, I went in to use it. Joie is a new line they just starting carrying and I immediately fell in love with how soft the fabric was; I'm all about comfort. I ended up getting a couple shirts, this one:


and this one, but in black.


I cannot even describe how comfortable these shirts are. The fit is incredible, too. Even though they are loose, they don't look baggy. Since i'm still trying to gain weight, I figured I'd got with some shirts that will accommodate some weight gain.

I am so glad I discovered them. They had dresses, too, but for some reason they didn't fit me well.

I tried this one in navy, but even the XS looked shapeless. Even the sales associate agreed it wasn't very flattering.


I really fell in love with this shirt, but they didn't have my size, and the bigger size just didn't look right on me, not even with a wide belt.


While browsing the collection online I came across a few other pieces that I love. This romper is adorable, and I was never a fan of them. But I would actually rock this one:


And if anyone is feeling generous and would like to purchase this adorable top for me, I would be eternally grateful.



What are your favorites for spring?



___________________________________________________________________________________
Note: Not a paid advertisement for Joie. I bought and love their clothes

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Wanna Be A Country Cleaver said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oooo I love the gray one at the top. I love the comfy look too, and you can't go wrong with a light Flashdance-esque shirt! Good choices :)

My fav's for spring are solid brights, just got a pastel lime sweater from GAP (44% off) and a coral light cardi (also 44% off!) And of course there's Buckle, I love me anything from Buckle!

surlykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i hear that corals and pinks are going to be big this spring. i also want some bright yellow.

gotta love those gap sales.

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I want that black and white stripped one... too cute!

I haven't taken the plunge back into summer gear. I feel like I am finally getting used to the sweaters haha

surlykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i don't know why i am in a nautical mood this spring. banana republic has some cute ruffly stuff in their heritage collection i want to try out.

is it still cold in TX? our temps further east are upper 50s low 60s. not warm, but not too cold, esp for my yankee born-and-bred blood.

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.