Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Totally Touchable Tresses


Pin It Now!

aveda

I love beauty products (of all kinds), always have ever since I was a little girl. Back then, I used to sit at my grandma’s vanity and play with her makeup. I loved it and could not wait for the day when I’d be old enough to have makeup of my own.

Same thing applies for hair products. I have very baby fine, thin hair. It’s hard for me to find hair products to use that don’t weigh my hair down and make it look greasy. I’m constantly trying new things. Since I color my hair and take a lot of medications, my hair is dry at the ends and prone to breakage. I was searching for a hair product to restore my hair back to its original silky, shiny, smoothness.

I bought this hair treatment from Kerastase:

kerastase

It’s a hair masque for fine hair. But the smell of it is too purfumey and strong for me. It works great, but I don’t like the way my hair smells afterwards. I use it once every few months. I'm happy with it, but then I found this damage remedy product from Aveda (pictured at top of post)

I've tried products from Aveda before. I’ve used their pure abundance shampoo/conditioner for fine hair. It has clay in it that is supposed to help your scalp from looking greasy. My hair is so thin and fine I have to wash it every day, otherwise it’s greasy. With them, I was able to wash my hair every other day. I liked them, but I not blown away so I only buy them occasionally, not regularly.

Recently, I saw this dry remedy leave in conditioner/detangler. Intrigued, I purchased it, and I’m so glad I did. I noticed a difference after one application. My hair was noticeably softer. And now, with regular use, the shine is finally back in my hair and my flyaway’s have been tamed. The best part is that it doesn’t weigh my hair down (I apply it to the ends, not the roots of my hair).

I love this stuff so much I just couldn’t keep it to myself, I had to share it with others.

___________________________________________________________________________________
Note: not a paid advertisement; just my opinion and experience with the above products

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for posting. I have very thin/fine hair with breakage as well. I will have to try the aveda product!

Stephanie-Eccentric Kitchen
www.eccentrickitchen.blogspot.com

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have sorta wavy... lets be honest frizzy hair!

i havent been able to tame it very well besides straightening. Do you have any products you can suggest to make my frizz a little less crazy and more cute!?

surlykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

clair
i have this clear serum from kerastase, called serum nutri-scuplpt, i got it at my salon, but i've seen target starting to carry it as well. it'a tames frizz well, without weighing hair down.

Also, aveda has a line of products called smooth infusion which are geared toward taming frizz. i use the style prep smoother.

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks so much! i will check both of those out!

i feel like i straighten all of the time, so i would love to find something that i could use to wear my hair curly (without being crunchy curls or wet looking)

thanks!

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.