Thursday, August 4, 2011

No More Oil Slicks


Pin It Now!

fekkai6


I’ve mention before my plight of fine hair. If I don’t wash it every day it gets greasy. Sometimes, I’ll take a shower in the morning and by that night it’s already greasy. Ugh, what I would give for glorious, thick hair. I used to put baby powder in my hair, and though it does help minimize the grease, it leaves me with white-powdered hair. Not a good look.

One day I decided to search Sephora.com my go-to beauty store. I like reading the reviews. I did a search for “dry shampoo” and it listed various results. This one, by Fredric Fekkai, received rave reviews. I decided I would give it a shot. It’s an online only product, so I waited anxiously for the UPS man for the next few days. I was so excited to try it. Finally, it came and I couldn’t wait to try it out the next day. I parted my hair on the side (which is where I normally part it) and ran the tip of the dry shampoo along the part. Then I vigorously rubbed my finger tips along the part the distribute the product into my hair. I looked in the mirror and I was definitely looking less greasy. So I parted my hair on the opposite side and did the same thing. It worked, my head no longer looked like an oil slick. Granted, it didn’t look shiny and beautiful like I just stepped out of a salon, but at least I could go out in public without being embarrassed by other people thinking I don’t shower. My hair wasn’t powder-white and it actually gave my hair a bit of volume; an unexpected, pleasant surprise.

The only complaint I have about this product is the smell. I can’t really smell it so much since it’s on my head, but Mr.Surly does not like the smell. I can’t sit near him because he hates the smell and says it gives him a headache. I guess all beauty come at some price. *sigh* But the smell doesn’t deter me from using this amazing dry shampoo. Thank you Frederic Fekkai! If you’re interested in trying the product for yourself, you can find it here, on Fekkai's website. I checked Sephora’s website, but they are no longer carrying this brand.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Not a paid advertisement. I purchased this product myself and loved it so much I wanted to share it with others.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Wanna Be A Country Cleaver said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have the same problem with fine hair and if I don't wash it once a day it looks like i haven't showered in a week. I love my aerosol Dry shampoo from Suave -but the ridiculously sweet smell it has to it can give me headaches. No bueno.
Maybe this will be my next try - esp if it doesn't smell sickly sweet. :)

surlykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didn't know suave made a version. No, this definitely doesn't smell sickly sweet. You don't really notice the smell until you put your nose up to the hair, which, of course, i can't do. That's why it only bothers Mr.Surly.

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i am finally taking the plunge and doing the brazilian keratin blow out... wish me luck!

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.