Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Beach Birthday Party


Pin It Now!

finished dessert


Our northern vacation this year happened to fall during my sister-in-law's birthday. She wanted to have a cookout on the beach. So my mother-in-law(MIL) planned out this awesome beach-themed party. I helped out a little but mostly I was shooting pictures of the process.

First up, we made veggie kabobs. After cutting the veggies we spread them on the table and began assembling the kabobs.

kebobs1b


There was no set pattern as we skewered the veggies. Once finished they looked so good.

kebobs2


I think my MIL just put salt, pepper, and maybe some olive oil on them.

Due to my inability to touch raw meat, I sat out while the chicken kebobs were assembled, then put in a bag of teriyaki sauce to marinade.

At the beach we had a small charcoal grill to cook our food. First up, the veggie kebobs:

kebobs cooking


cooking kebobs

mmmm, looking good


Next it was time to cook the chicken:

ckn kebobs

ewww, raw chicken



cooking ckn kebobs

ahhh, that's better



beach dinner





Now for the cake. Since the party was taking place at the beach, my MIL planned a beach themed dessert; pudding topped with graham cracker crumbs to look like sand. She bought a sand pail and filled it with chocolate and vanilla pudding:


pudding


Then, after covering it with graham cracker crumbs, we added Sponge Bob fruit snacks of sea creatures, Swedish fish, and gummy life savers. It turned out looking very beachy. The finishing touch, pirate candles, would be added later, at the beach.

grahamcrackers


We used the sand shovel as a serving spoon after the candles were blown out.

scooping pudding


It may not look appetizing after serving, but it was delicious.

eating pudding



Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the dessert! At first I thought it was a cake and was confused how u got it in there...but pudding makes more sense! Lol.

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is too cute! I wish my parents/family would throw a themed party for me :-) I love the pudding in a bucket. Sometimes the ugliest desserts are the ones that taste the best.

All Things Yummy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

such fun ideas for a beach party. Love the pudding cake in the pail. too cute.

Wanna Be A Country Cleaver said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I Love this - adorbs to the nth degree!!!

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

how cute! i love everything about this party! love all of the photos!

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.