Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Honey-Roasted Almonds


Pin It Now!

almonds3b

These are some delicious, honey-roasted almonds my sister made for us over Christmas. I didn't eat any, since I'm trying to be better about eating low oxalate, but Mr.Surly gobbled them up. They looked and smelled wonderful.



Honey-Roasted Almonds
Printer-friendly recipe

2 c whole natural almonds, unsalted, roasted**
¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp honey (you can also use ½ cup, but I found I had a lot left over with that much)
1 Tbsp butter (or 2 Tbsp if you use ½ cup honey)
¾ cup turbinado sugar

**(you can buy these almonds pre-roasted, or buy raw unsalted almonds. Pre-heat oven to 350-degrees, place almonds in an ungreased jellyroll pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown; stir once or twice for even browning)

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in honey – bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in almonds, simmering for 2 more minutes.

Line a jellyroll pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper (or, spray with non-stick cooking spray); with a slotted spoon, scoop almonds onto this in a single layer.

Allow to cool slightly. Put almonds and sugar into a medium plastic food storage bag. Shake to coat.

Spread back on jellyroll pan to cool completely.

Store in an air-tight container.

___________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks to my sister for the photo and recipe :)

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've tried roasting my own flavored nuts and for me it's hit or miss - but with the honey /butter combo, I think it would be golden and delicious!! Plus that sweet crunch, I'm a goner. :) ~Megan

Brigitt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These look unbelievably good. I'm such a sucker for honey roasted nuts, but I've never tried making my own!

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

these remind me of a treat my great grandmother used to love- thanks for sharing!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my goodness those look amazing and SO addicting...

Val said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are calling my name!

Andrea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These looks so scrumptious. I wish I had some almonds so I could make them right now. Almonds are my favorite nut. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.