Monday, January 9, 2012

I Can't Believe I Actually Ate That


Pin It Now!

2011NYCxmas 112


Alright, I still don't have a food post ready, so I thought I'd share a bit about food and drink I had while in NYC. Again, these are just straight out of my camera; no editing so I apologize in advance. Some of these should have been cropped.

Yes, that is a bone in the above photo. The bar had bone marrow on the menu, in addition to other typical pub fare. I was very skeptical about it, I can't even eat meat off a bone, why would I ever eat what's inside the bone.

My sister-in-law (SIL) is the one who convinced us to try it. I thought what the heck, how often does a person have the opportunity to try bone marrow.



2011NYCxmas 107


My SIL prepared it for me. First you use the stick to pull out a piece of marrow, which is kinda gummy, plop it on toast, then you top it with cucumber relish and a bit of sea salt.

2011NYCxmas 108

I was not a fan. I couldn't really taste much, but I really disliked the texture; too mushy for me. But at least I tried it.

Now, let me tell you about the bar, because it had great ambiance.

2011NYCxmas 148

2011NYCxmas 142

2011NYCxmas 141

2011NYCxmas 134

I want this clock


2011NYCxmas 088

2011NYCxmas 136


2011NYCxmas 137

I'm in love with their light fixtures


2011NYCxmas 157

Look at their signature votives *swoon*



They have a wide variety of great beers and microbrews....

2011NYCxmas 102

...but since I was battling a sore throat I ordered a hot toddy.

2011NYCxmas 103


If you're in NYC and find yourself in the financial district this pub would be a great place to pop in.

The Growler Bites & Brews

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Wanna Be A Country Cleaver said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yeah, I think I'll pass on the bone marrow.... textures are usually what does me in as well. *cringe* Looks like a fabulous trip though! ~Megan

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ew... no marrow for this girl at all.. i havent tried it but i know i would die if i ate it!

you dont need to edit or crop your pics- they are bad ass! i love seeing new york posts since my boyfriend is living there now- it makes me feel in the know when i call and chat abt the "amazing marrow at Growlers" :)

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.