Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Still Trying to Ring in the New Year


Pin It Now!

2011NYCxmas 048


Is anyone else exhausted from the Holidays? I definitely am. Mr.Surly and I drove up northeast and when we got home we went on a cleaning-up-the-clutter spree, so this year our chi can flow easily through our home.

Hopefully, this week I can get a food post up but today I'm feeling too tired. I'm going to cheat and show you a few things I did over the holidays. All the photos are unedited, straight out of my camera; I couldn't muster up the energy to attempt editing them. So I'm sorry if they are dark, kinda blurry, or badly framed.

First, we went to the City of Brotherly Love to visit my family. We decided to go visit Valley Forge, George Washington's winter camp during the Revolutionary War. Growing up, my dad was a huge history buff and kinda passed that on to me and my siblings.



2011Christmas 006

2011Christmas 278

cabins for the troops


2011Christmas 096

inside one of the cabins


2011Christmas 123

2011Christmas 157

2011Christmas 175

2011Christmas 201

Look, it's Martha Washington


2011Christmas 205

House Washington rented for him and his officers


2011Christmas 102


Next, it was time to spend time in the Big Apple with Mr.Surly's family. We took the NJ transit from Hoboken and passed Carlo's Bakery along the way. We wanted to stop in, but the line was literally 5 or 6 blocks long.

2011NYCxmas 003



It was cold outside, but I loved seeing the city all lit up for Christmas.

2011NYCxmas 054

Tree at Rockefeller Center


2011NYCxmas 038

2011NYCxmas 061

Can you make out the Chrysler Bldg thru the trees?


2011NYCxmas 070

Tree at Bryant Park


2011NYCxmas 076


Those are just a few of the highlights. Again, sorry they aren't edited; I know they would've looked a lot better, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend the time.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

love to see what you were up to over the holidays! cant believe you were in nyc- was it cold?! my boyfriend lives there so i am up there a fair amount... did you see lady gaga's store windows? they were BIZARRE!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I would have loved to be in NY for the holidays or...ever haha. It looks beautiful.

My dad is a total history buff and he has certainly passed it onto us as well.

I really enjoyed getting to see how you spent your holidays!

I think your pictures turned out quite well for being straight out of the camera!

surlykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

claire-i was freezing the whole time, which is only why we did a few things. Next time you go to NYC go to Bryant Park and get a chocolate chip cookie from the Max Brenner, it's to die for. didn't see ga-ga's windows, it was too cold.

Meg-glad i'm not the only child of a history buff. :)

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.