Thursday, February 9, 2012

Gourmet's Romantic Road Trip


Pin It Now!

About a month ago, I received an email from BlogHer asking me to participate in their Romantic Road Trip where they were featuring cities all over the US for romantic restaurants. I wrote a review about a restaurant Mr.Surly and I love Trilussa La Trattoria, submitted it, and promptly forgot all about it.

Then a few weeks ago I was contacted by Gourmet to ask permission to run my piece. I was shocked my entry was picked as one of 15 out of the thousands I'm sure BlogHer received.

I'm so excited about it. If you want to check it out click here to read it on the Gourmet Live Blog.

I'm the fourth blogger down :)

Oh, and if you are ever near Chapel Hill, you must eat here. The Chef is the sweetest guy; he visits every table to see how the food is and to make sure everything is to your liking. He's even made dishes for me when I was doing my elimination diet, and other times when my GI issues were acting up, that were not on the menu to accommodate me. And check out how adorably quaint his restaurant is. I love that the menu is in Italian (with English descriptions below).

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Wanna Be A Country Cleaver said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hooray!!! I'm so excited for you Ms. A!! I read your write up and seriously - I'm dying to go east now just so I can visit your beloved stomping grounds :) ~Megan

surlykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

chapel hill has so much character and great places to eat. this is the restaurant Mr.Surly and i go to whenever we are celebrating something. i love it there.

Brigitt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! Congratulations--that's so exciting! I would looove the fra diavolo. yummm

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

CONGRATULATIONS! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! I am clicking over as we speak to check it out!

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my.. tortellini, gnocchi, and ravioli!? Sounds like I might need to take a trip to NC... Congrats again- That is super impressive!

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.