Friday, June 1, 2012

My Happy Place


Pin It Now!

Northstar1

Over memorial day weekend Mr.Surly and I made a stop back to our old stomping grounds up north to eat at our favorite restaurant.

Northstar2

You may or may not remember me posting the recipe for my favorite drink here, the shooting star.

Northstar3

My roommate worked here while he was finishing up classes at OSU; we only lived a block away. He used to bring home yummy left overs and he was the "juice boy" which is how I know the ingredient list (but not the ratios) of the famous Shooting Star beverage.



Inside, there is a board that lists their seasonal specials.

Northstar5


Or you can order off their menu (I almost always order their famous veggie burger)

Northstar11


They have both indoor and outdoor seating:

Northstar6

Northstar4


You stand in line, place your order, then they give you a number to put on your table and they bring the food to you when it's ready.

Northstar7


Here is their infamous Northstar veggie burger. It comes with a bun, but I'm kinda eating gluten free right now to see if it helps my gastroparesis. I also cannot eat the raw lettuce because I'm not supposed to eat raw veggies, so I had to skip the salad that comes with the burger.

Northstar8

My MIL ordered the tomato soup which was on the specials menu. It looked fantastic.

Northstar10


In addition to fantastic food, it's a great place to people watch. It's one of the places I really miss since moving down south. If you ever find yourself in Columbus, Ohio, you simply must eat at one of Northstar's locations; you won't be disappointed.

Pin It Now!

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.