Friday, July 6, 2012

Keepin' it Real


Pin It Now!

stitches

Sorry if you have a squeamish stomach and this photo makes you nauseous. I talk all the time about my doctor visits and tests. Well, this is one of my tests. I went to the hospital this morning to have some salivary glands removed for testing to see if I have Sjogren's syndrome. I thought I'd share my battle wounds with you.

I go back next week to the ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) doctor to have the stitches removed and learn the pathology results. Then, I go to my rheumatologist next week to discuss all my test results (including this one) to determine if it's Sjogrens. Of course, with my luck, there is no definitive test for Sjogrens; each patient is different. It depends on many factors and tests the doctor takes into account before making a diagnosis.

I hope to get a food post up soon, but right now I'm on a liquid diet, so I'm not sure when I will be up for cooking. My doctor told me to take it easy until the stitches come out and I plan on being an obedient patient.

Now that the local anesthetic has worn off it hurts. The stitches rub against my gums and teeth and its not a good feeling; it really hurts. I just hope I don't start bleeding thru my stitches nor get an infection. That would really suck.

Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hope the incisions heal soon and you'll soon forget you even had this procedure! Now I'm off to research sjogrens-syndrome.

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.