Monday, September 17, 2012

Baked Oatmeal


Pin It Now!

oats1


When I make a recipe I have a few rules:
1.it needs to be easy to make (due to my chronic fatigue syndrome)
2.it should be healthy
3.it’s hopefully semi low oxalate
4.it doesn’t have any ingredients to cause a flare up of GI pain

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and knew I needed to make it, stat. Luckily, I had all the ingredients so I made this for our Saturday morning breakfast. I modified the recipe a bit and it was so freakin’ good. And it's great to snack on all week.

You can eat it as is, but I like my oatmeal creamy, so I added a splash of milk and stirred it to get the proper consistency.



Baked Oatmeal
Printer-friendly recipe

Dry ingredients:
2 c rolled oats
¼ c instant oats
1/3 c brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 c walnuts
1 c berries (I used frozen strawberries)
2 Tbl oat bran, opt
2 Tbl ground flax meal, opt
¼ c coconut flakes, opt

Wet ingredients:
3 Tbl coconut oil, melted, (or butter)
2 c milk
1 egg
1 Tbl vanilla
Cinnamon, to taste
Freshly ground nutmeg, to taste
1 Tbl maple syrup

Honey, for drizzling, opt
1 Banana, for topping

Preheat oven to 375F.

Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray; add dry ingredients.

Whisk together wet ingredients and pour over oats. Slice banana and arrange slices on top. Drizzle honey over the top.

Bake 35-40 minutes until golden brown.

Spoon into bowl and, if desired, add half n half or milk and stir to desired consistency.




Source: adapted from Urban Nester

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.