Monday, November 5, 2012

Mulled Wine


Pin It Now!

wine1
I have been a horrible housewife and an even worse blogger. Poor Mr.Surly has been living on canned soup the past few days. True, he has a sinus infection and doesn't have much of an appetite, but I took the easy way out and bought soup instead of making it. I have been laying low, doing my low fiber diet in preparation of Friday's colonoscopy. I know you must all be super jealous of me.

Anyway, after reading Haley's post about Williams-Sonoma's chili lime rub it reminded me of my Williams-Sonoma mulling spices.

mulled wine 027



Mulled wine is so good. I used a Cabernet Sauvignon Wine I bought at World Market; can't remember what winery or year it was. I just put it on the stove, tied 2 generous Tbls of the spices in some cheesecloth and let it cook on low til heated. Then serve and enjoy.

Even thought we're still in the mid 60's down here, it's starting to cool down at night, so a warm drink is perfect. I also used these spices last night in some apple cider I bought. So yummy. I love hot drinks, they help alleviate some of my GI pain.

Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Brigitt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ahhh I love mulled wine! I made it for the first time last year; it was so good! Hope you're doing well!

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.