Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Downton Abbey Inspired Vintage Hair Clips


Pin It Now!

vintageclips3

Like just about everybody else in the UK and US I'm obsessed with Downton Abbey. I have always loved the 1900-1920s fashion period and watching Downton brought that passion back. I love the monochromatic outfit/jewelry combinations, the fancy hats, the meticulous beading on the gowns, the elegant evening gloves, the hair styles I could go on and on.

Recently, I decided to make some vintage looking hair clips. They are so easy to make. I went to the craft store and bought a package of clips and picked out some flowers I thought looked vintage. Then, using craft glue, I glued the flowers to the clips and let dry overnight.

Now you have vintage clips to pin in your hair. I will even combine 2 pins to achieve the desired effect I'm going for. Sometime I'll wear a satin ribbon in my hair and pin a flower on for that little something extra.

Pin It Now!

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.