Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mascara Matching Game


Pin It Now!


volumous lashes loreal benefit real

benefit badgirlafalse lashes loreal
Who wants to play a matching game? *Raising hand* Ever since benefit came out with their new mascara "they're real" I knew I had to buy it. If I had to leave the house with only 1 item of makeup it would be mascara, hands down. I'm currently using two favorites, benefit bad girl for day time and Loreal Volumous Collagen for special occasions when I didn't want to put false eyelashes on. (I LOVE false eyelashes and wish I had more opportunities to wear them).

Ok, this took me a week to put together. I wore a different mascara each day. I wore no other makeup. Please excuse my brows; I didn't want to have any other makeup on to distract from my experiment. Also, I just used my point and shoot camera so the pictures aren't the best, but they get the job done.

I used 2 drugstore mascaras and 2 prestige mascara's. But I only used two brands, L'Oreal and benefit. Here are the mascaras I used (click the name to be taken to site:

L'Oreal false lashes
false lashes

L'Oreal Power Volume Collagen
collagen volume

benefit BADgal lash
benefit bad gal lash

benefit they're real!
benefit theyre real

Ok, are you ready for the matching game?


Here is a picture of my eye au naturale; all I did was wash my face (in retrospect I should have also plucked and cleaned up my brows, oh well, I'm just keepin' it real).

no makeup
As you can see I naturally have long lashes, but they are thin. When I compare mascaras I want volume, not length.

Alright, let's look at the 4 pictures of my eye again and I'll give you the answers, which may surprise you.

volumous lashes loreal benefit real

benefit badgirlafalse lashes loreal

Top row:
Left: L'Oreal Power Volume Collagen
Right: benefit they're Real!

Bottom row:
Left: benefit BADgal lash
Right: L'Oreal false lashes

My everyday mascara is the BADgal lash, which is the bottom left.

My least favorite mascara is L'Oreal false lash, the bottom right.

My favorite now that I'm looking at all the pictures grouped together is the L'Oreal Power Volume Collagen, top left.

The benefit they're Real! is ok, but not as full as the Collagen Volume. Plus, I don't like the feel of the benefit they're Real!; my lashes felt brittle and were long like spider legs, but had enough volume to cover that.

The Power Volume Collagen leaves my lashes some what soft, so they don't feel like they will snap off.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Brigitt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Top left is definitely my favorite and bottom left is my second favorite. I had them picked out before you even told us what you like/use regularly!

surly kitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Brigitt i was disappointed with the benefit they're real. i was underwhelmed.

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.