Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Let’s do the Twist


Pin It Now!

cuff

I’ve noticed a lot of boot cuffs posted on pinterest. I admit, I became obsessed with them. I told myself “I must have a pair and I will not rest until I do!” Since I’m a decent knitter and have some knowledge of crochet, I planned on making my own. Well, there came the rub. Most of the boot cuff pins I coveted were on Etsy or just pictures of boot cuffs; no pattern, no directions. *Puff* I can’t look at a picture and guess the pattern. So I went to Ravelry to see if I find a pair I liked. I settled on this pattern. I really like the right twist stitch. I used 24 sts per needle (72 total sts) but you could use any multiple of 3 depending on your calf size.

cuff (1)

The pattern is extremely easy:
R1: *k,k,p*
R2: *k,k,p*
R3: *RT, p*

k=knit
p=purl
RT=right twist
*repeat*

Note: I used Red Heart cotton yarn and US 3 (3.25mm) sized double pointed needles. I knitted every stitch on the first row; so technically my row 2 was row 1.

If you don't know how to do the right twist stitch (which I didn't until I researched it) this is the easiest version I understood and this way is how I knit the right twist.

These could also be knitted on circular needles but I prefer to knit in the round. Any questions about the pattern, how to knit in the round, or anything else just leave a comment.

cuff (2

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Andrea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love these and am going to try making them as soon as a finish my other project.

surly kitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

they are so cute. i increased the stitches to 22/needle so the cuffs fit over my jeans. the 20/needled is good for leggings and tights. but it all depends on the size of your calves.

Velva said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You do have awesome knitting skills. These rock.

Thanks for sharing.

Velva

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.