Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Put Your Best Face Forward Part I


Pin It Now!

face products

I have loved makeup and beauty products ever since I was a little girl playing with my grandma’s makeup. She had a very specific routine and always wore the same products and rarely, if ever, tried anything new. What can I say? She was a stubborn German.

As for me I will try anything within arm’s reach. I have extremely sensitive skin so sometimes some products can be too harsh for me and cause adverse effects. But I wanted to share some of my recent faves.

I think it’s really important to take care of your skin; it’s something that if damaged is hard to repair. Plus, it’s the base of your makeup. Who wants to be wasting a lot of foundation and concealer covering up flaws? Not me. I like to just slap on some moisturizer and mascara when I’m going to the grocery store (mascara is the one product I never leave home without). Lucky for me (and thanks to the products mentioned below) I have skin where I can do exactly that; go out and feel confident in my skin au naturale.

Hopefully, these products, if you try them, will work as well for you as they have for me. If you want to try a sample of the NARS and AmorePacific products, visit your local Sephora and ask them to make a sample for you. Due to my sensitive skin I usually need to do this often for face and skin products. When I visit my local Sephora store there is a sales associate who knows me and is great at recommending products for me since she knows my skin.

NARSskin
NARSskin
Oh my goodness this is the perfect facewash for before bedtime. It removes makeup, which a lot of products I tried claimed to do, but failed. You just need a teeny amount of this facewash. It’s really thick and lathers really well. I love it; it leaves my face feeling squeaky clean.


AmorePacific

AmorePacific Enzyme Peel
This product is a powder that you put a small amount in your hands, add a few drops of water, then lather. It leaves your face squeaky clean. This product is amazing. Sometimes I get little bumps on my face and this eliminates them. I use it at night after cleansing with the NARSskin.


In the morning I cleanse with Cerave hydrating cleanser (bottle with green label) which my dermatologist recommended. You can find it at Target and drugstores. If I’m going outside I follow with Peter Thomas Roth’s Max All Day Moisture Defense Cream. If I’m staying indoors I use Cerave Moisturizing Lotion (bottle with blue label). I also use this Cerave Moisturizing Lotion at night.

These are the cleansers and moisturizers I use on a daily basis. I’ll be doing a part II post with some extra products to really clear up your skin.

Click here for Part II
______________________________________________________________
Note: This is not an advertisement for any product listed above. I bought every product NARSskin and AmorePacific can be found on Sephora’s website where I purchased mine. Cerave, I buy at Target.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.