Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rant


Pin It Now!

I'm hoping not many people read this post; I try to keep a positive vibe on my blog all the time. But there are times I just can't fake it. Today is one of those days. This post is more of a way to allow me to vent without worrying those around me.

I got my MRI and blood work back. I'm again low in C3 (which means I have an autoimmune/inflammation issue). I knew that from my rheumatologist, so I didn't give it a second thought. My Dr.'s interpretation "Difficult to know how to assess this in the absence of any other blood work abnormalities."

Then when telling me my MRI results I get this: "They did see a cyst on the liver. The radiologist commented on one other imaging abnormality in the liver that he also thinks is a benign finding. It's something they hadn't seen on prior MRIs largely due to the way the images were obtained. I certainly don't think that explains anything that is going on with you."

WTF am I supposed to think? Now do I need to have my liver biopsied to make sure there is nothing to worry about? Have all the meds finally worn out my poor, overworked liver? I'm just not sure what to think. Should I be worried or not? Thank goodness I have a GI appt coming up to discuss this further. Meanwhile I have another MRI lined up a week from tomorrow at Duke. Maybe a different hospital will be able to figure it out.

I'm seriously considering going to the mayo clinic and having kidney surgery. I just can't go on like this. I also debated cutting all the kidney and pancreas on my left side. My positive facade is cracking and I'm trying to keep it together. And it's getting harder and harder to do that.

Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Kvetchin' Kitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It's okay to hate to your body sometimes. Definitely thinking of you this week, and hoping you get some better news. The words "it'll get better" offer little consolation in this case, so let me say instead: I hope you find answers soon.

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.