Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Into the Abyss


Pin It Now!

Sorry I haven't posted anything since my failed procedure up north. I went "off the grid" so to say.

Once in the OR, there was no place to put a stent in my vein once they got the stent into place; not sure of all the details because I was on morphine when the surgeon was talking to me. So I went thru an 1.5 hour procedure and 6 hours of hospital bed rest for absolutely nothing. And all this after a 12 hour drive up north to the clinic. I'm back to where I started and I'm (obviously) extremely disappointed, despondent and depressed.

The surgeon wants me back up north in 6 weeks. She wants me to see a GI & nephrologist at this top-notch clinic. I don't even know how i feel about that. I'm so tired of being prodded, procedured, and biopsied all for nothing. I'm tired of being thrown pills for pain because no one can find the cause of my illness.

I'm just going through a dark period right now, but I will eventually get back to being myself. I'll drag myself out of bed or off the couch and start living life again. I just need time.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.