Thursday, December 12, 2013

Corpse Reviver


Pin It Now!

corpse reviver blog

Day 12
On the twelfth day of Christmas my bartender made for me, a great hangover remedy....

Alright, who has heard of the frozen Norwegian grandpa in Colorado? My cousin lives in Boulder and told us about the annual "Dead Guy Days" Festival. I'm not even joking.  Story is this old man is cryonically frozen in dry ice and is kept in a Tuff Shed on the side of a mountain.
Read more at here.  I have since heard the family is running out of money and the corpse had to be returned to Norway because the family couldn't afford to keep him in Colorado. But I could be wrong. I honestly have not kept up on the story. But that festival is where this drink comes from.

Corpse Reviver
1 1/2 oz Bourbon
1 1/2 oz Pear nectar (or apple juice)
ginger ale

Pour Bourbon and juice over ice in tumbler glass; stir. Fill glass with ginger ale. And make a toast to Grandpa Bredo (the frozen corpse).


xmasdrinks photo xmasdrinks.jpg

Source: Slightly adapted from Boulder Locavore

Previous Cocktails:
Day 1: Bourbon Pear Cocktail
Day 2: Mistletoe Kiss
Day 3: Coco Chanel Cocktail
Day 4: Coco Snowball
Day 5: Golden Autumn
Day 6: Goose Bump
Day 7: Mermaid Martini
Day 8: Spiced Cider Eggnog
Day 9: Can Can Martini
Day 10: Blue Bell
Day 11: Lemmings Leap

Pin It Now!

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.