Monday, March 24, 2014

Youthy Forever


Pin It Now!

YOÜTHY-1 hi-res

I was thrilled when I was asked to do a review post on Youthy Forever Passion for Cactus juice. I drink water all day long so this healty, no sugar added juice, was a nice alternative. It's hard to find juice that doesn't have added sugar or high-fructose corn syrup. This juice is 100% juice, no sugar or sweetener added. It's 100% natural fruit juice, no GMO (genetically modified) fruit is used, it's naturally gluten free, vegan and has some added bonuses. There is 40mg of grape seed extract and 30mg of resveratrol in each 10oz bottle.

Untitled

Resveratrol is in red wine and it's the reason people say to drink one glass of red wine a day. Resveratrol is a natural antioxidant that promotes healthy, glowing, skin. In addition, resveratrol also can lower blood sugar levels, aid in the prevention of colon cancer and prevent cholesterol build up. You can buy supplements of resveratrol but I like to eat and ingest my vitamins and minerals through my diet not supplements. You would need to drink about 60 glasses of wine to get the same amount of resveratrol that is in this 10oz bottle of juice.

Now let's talk about the benefits of grape seed extract. I use grape seed oil in cooking because it's good for you and has a high conductive temperature, higher than olive oil. And it has no taste. So it makes sense that the grape seed extract in Youthy Forever's Passion for Cactus juice is good for you as well. It is shown to have anti-inflammatory benefits, support healthy cardiovasuclar function, lower high levels of cholesterol, and may help some blood disorders. Was this drink tailor made for me with all my medical issues?

Untitled

Alright, I know you all want to know about the taste. It is made from Pineapple juice (my fave), pear juice, passion fruit juice (yum), and prickly pear juice. I have never seen a prickly pear nor tasted one but this drink is amazing. It's like juicing with out the juicer. Do you know how pears have a certain grainy, gritty texture? Well, you can taste that grain/grit in this drink; it's amazing. It's like a tropical fruit punch.

I don't know how much resveratrol you need in order to receive the skin and wrinkle benefits, but this juice is so good I can add it to my daily intake of water and green tea. It will be a nice change.

You can find Youthy Forever's Passion for Cactus juice at Whole Foods, other natural stores and fine retailers. A 10oz bottle (the size I have) will run you about $3.49. For more information visit their website at http://www.youthyforever.com/ for more information.

Untitled

________________________________________________________________
Note: I received free samples of the product but all opinions are my own

Pin It Now!

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.