Monday, December 1, 2014

Maple Leaf


Pin It Now!

 photo mapleleaf_zps7c67b479.jpg

I cannot believe it is December; this year has flown by. Anyone who reads my blog knows that December 1 starts the 12 cocktails of Christmas! I hope everyone enjoys these vintage cocktails. I'm not sure of the proper glass to serve the drinks in and I wasn't sure if some of the drinks should be served on or off the rocks. I tried my best. If I made a serving error please don't hesitate to point it out; I can take constructive criticism. Also, I want these drinks to be as authentic as possible (though some of them do have some "flair").

I’m a bourbon & whiskey girl. I like it neat with a lime or lemon. But I’m open to any and all drinks that have bourbon, whiskey, or bourbon whiskey. I was intrigued by the addition of maple syrup to this drink. It added a depth that complemented the Maker’s Mark. I stirred the maple syrup in at the end for fear it would clump if shaken with the rest of the ingredients. But I will experiment shaking the whiskey to see if it does indeed clump. If you try this drink & shake the maple syrup with ice, please let me know how it goes.

Day 1:

Maple Leaf (circa 1940)
1.5 oz bourbon whiskey (I used Maker's Mark)
½ oz lemon juice
2 tsp maple syrup

Shake lemon juice & whiskey with ice. Stir in maple syrup. Strain into rocks glass.

 photo vintagechristmas_zps04f78fe5.jpg

Slightly adapted from The Mid-Centry Menu

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.