Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Honey Beer Glazed Chicken


Pin It Now!

Photobucket

I know a lot of people don’t like Rachel Ray. But her recipes are so easy, quick, and delicious that I can’t help trying some of them out. We eat chicken often and I’m always looking for easy ways to try to jazz it up a bit. When I saw this recipe I had to try it. The ingredients are things I almost always have in the pantry. I like sauce so I kept the sauce ingredients the same, but only used 2 chicken breasts. Next time I will try substituting agave for the honey. I used a whole bottle of beer because right now I can’t drink alcohol (otherwise I would just measure out a cup and drink the rest of the beer). Maybe this is why my sauce was a bit thin. That wasn’t a problem, I just added a slurry at the end to thicken it up so I could serve it over the chicken. I think next time I might toss in some red pepper flakes to give it some heat. I love foods that are sweet but with a little heat.



Honey-Beer Glazed Chicken
Printer-friendly version
Serves 4

2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I only used 2)
Salt and ground black pepper
1 cup light beer, such as lager (I used the whole bottle)
3 to 4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons chopped thyme leaves (I used a palm full of dried thyme leaves)

Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of olive oil, about 2 Tbsp. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and sear until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.

When the second side has seared, add the beer, honey and thyme to the skillet and bring up to a bubble.

Let the liquid reduce and thicken, turning the chicken occasionally, until the meat is glazed and cooked through, 3-4 more minutes.

I made a slurry (1 Tbl cold water+ 1 Tbl cornstarch) and added it to thicken the sauce before serving.

Source: adapted from Rachel Ray


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.