Thursday, June 17, 2010

Spicy Peanut Butter Marinated Chicken


Pin It Now!

Photobucket

I’ve been all about easy meals recently. I saw this recipe and decided to make it since it was easy and sounded flavorful. Yes, it needs to marinate for hours, but I can handle flipping a bag every couple hours for an entrée that will cook up fast and not dirty any dishes. Oh my, does this marinade smell amazing. Every time I opened the fridge I caught a whiff of this and would immediately start salivating. I couldn’t wait to grill this up. The chicken tasted good, it was tender and incredibly moist, but I wish the flavor had been stronger. It wasn’t bad, I just expected more because it smelled so incredible while marinating. Maybe next time I’ll let it marinate overnight instead of all day.



Spicy Peanut Butter Marinated Chicken
Printer-friendly version
Serves: 2

Marinade:
¼ c red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 ½ tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
~1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
½ tsp red pepper flakes

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Combine red wine vinegar, soy sauce, vegetable oil, sesame oil, lime juice, and peanut butter. Whisk until peanut butter is well incorporated. Then whisk in the finely minced garlic and red pepper flakes.

Pour marinade into quart-sized Ziploc bag along with chicken breasts. Marinade in fridge 6-8 hours, flipping occasionally.

When ready to cook, remove chicken, grill until cooked through. Serve.




Source: slightly adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

well i think i will try this.. any recommendations on the red wine vinegar? i don't want to use it. is there a substitute that isn't wine.

sk said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i use red wine vinegar from trader joe's. if you don't want to use it, you could sub in some rice vinegar or lime juice. the acidity in the vinegar helps tenderize the meat as it marinates.

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.