Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Baked Cranberry Sauce


Pin It Now!

Photobucket

I love cranberry sauce. Mr. Surly, however, does not. I did not want to have a Thanksgiving dinner without cranberry sauce, but I didn’t want to make it just for me since I would only eat a tiny portion. I found this Bobby Flay recipe that claimed to have non-cranberry sauce lovers gobbling it up. With bourbon as an ingredient how could this not be fantastic.

I have a generous bar hand and added 1/3 c bourbon. It had a strong, distinct taste of bourbon, a little too strong for me. No problem, though, I just popped it back in the oven for a few minutes to cook off some of the alcohol.

I’m happy to say this is getting eaten up rather quickly. I really like Bobby Flay’s recipes, I might need to look into buying one of his cookbooks.



Baked Cranberry Sauce
Printer-friendly version

1 (12 oz) bag cranberries, fresh or frozen
1 ¼ cups sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
¼ cup bourbon, or more

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Combine the cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small baking dish, stir gently to combine. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for about 55 minutes.

Remove the cover and stir to melt any un-dissolved sugar. Return the dish to the oven and bake for about 5 to 10 more minutes, or until the cranberries are soft and surrounded by a syrupy sauce. Remove the dish from the oven and immediately stir in the bourbon, to taste.

Let the dish cool to room temperature, then chill for at least hour before serving.

The sauce will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator.



source: Bobby Flay

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i love bobby! i have a big ole crush on him!

sk said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i have made several of his recipes. do you have a favorite Bobby cookbook? i loved your book signing post on him :)

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have his throwdown cook book. i like it because it has both what foodnetwork dubs the best and his attempt to trump it. I will post some more soon!

also, I love your new background! too cute... i think i might need an xmas update!

sk said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i think i'll put that cookbook on my christmas list. you need to check out http://www.thecoffeeshopblog.com/

she has free backgrounds and free tutorials. her blog is amazing, helpful, and informative.

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.