Friday, January 21, 2011

Favorite Pizza Dough


Pin It Now!

Photobucket

Thank goodness it's finally Friday. I have had a busy, stressful week and I'm so glad it's over. I'm exhausted; physically and mentally drained. On nights like this dinner must be easy. Usually on Friday nights we have homemade pizza. I'm not a big fan of pizza, it's always hurt my tummy, even before the GI issues began. But it's such an easy dinner option. Usually during the week I mix up this pizza dough and leave it in the fridge (it will keep up to 3 days) to make on a night when I need a quick, easy dinner. The recipe is a mixture of a bunch of recipes. I took a little from each, and after much tweaking, came up with a my preferred pizza dough.

I top our pizza with homemade pizza sauce, various roasted veggies, and fresh mozzarella cheese. So much better (and less greasy) than take out.



Pizza Dough
Printer-friendly recipe
Yield: 2 pizza crusts

1 1/2 c warm water
1 tsp yeast
1-2 tsp agave (or honey or sugar)
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1 tsp kosher salt
1 Tbl ground flaxseed
~2 Tbl olive oil
~2 tsp Italian Seasonings (opt)
4 c flour

Add the water to a large mixing bowl, sprinkle yeast and agave. Gather the rest of the ingredients and add to bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until dough clears the side of the bowl. Drizzle sides of bowl and top of dough with more olive oil. Flip the dough a few times to coat with oil.

If using same day, cover and allow to rise about an hour.

If not using immediately, cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to use let stand at room temperature 30-60 minutes, until dough is no longer chilled.

When ready to cook put a piece of parchment paper on baking rack or pizza stone. Separate dough into two balls and stretch to desired size/shape. If the dough is difficult to stretch, let it rest about 10 minutes and try again.

Add desired sauce and toppings.

I bake at 375F using the convection fan for 30 minutes. Until dough is cooked and cheese is melted and lightly browned.

Photobucket



Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Corrine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That looks delicious!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I really like your pictures of your pizza! That dough looks so tasty, I recently made homemade dough for the first time and just fell in love with it. It is so much tastier and healthier than delivery!

I hope you get to try the acorn squash recipe soon, it is one of my favorites!

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oh my gosh! i would do anything for a homemade pizza today! looks amazing... I am having a "pizza throwdown" with my boss and will be using this as a dough recipe for sure!

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.