Tuesday, June 21, 2011

No Cook Pasta Sauce


Pin It Now!

pasta1


This is an accidental recipe I made up the other night simply because I wasn’t feeling well. I had been in pain all day and just couldn’t bring myself to make dinner. As the time drew closer for Mr.Surly to come home, I had to think of something. I decided on pasta because it’s easy to make. We don’t eat jarred marinara sauce, I like to make my own. Usually tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, spices, etc simmered together. But this particular evening I didn’t feel like cooking the sauce. I just wanted to throw it together and let it sit on the counter so I could get back to the couch and my heating pad. The following is the result, and it was really good. Light and easy, I’m definitely making this again. I think I allowed it to sit for about 2 hours.

pastasauce1a




No Cook Pasta Sauce
Printer-friendly recipe
serves 2-4

1 (14.5oz) can petite cut tomatoes
salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
~ ½ tsp marjoram
~ ½ tsp oregano
~ ½ tsp Italian seasonings
~ ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (opt)
dash sugar
dash red wine vinegar (or white balsamic vinegar) (opt)
dash olive oil
~10 fresh basil leaves, minced or torn
Mozzarella cheese, opt

Put everything into a small glass bowl and set on counter, at room temperature, until ready to serve. I let mine sit on the counter for a couple hours, I would stir it occasionally.

Cook and drain your choice of pasta. Drain and put back into pot. Add sauce and toss to coat. I had some string cheese (mozzarella) in the fridge, so I cubed a stick of that and added it to the pasta for a bit of cheese.

Serve and enjoy the free time you saved by making such an easy dinner.

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oooo this looks perfect for the raw diet if you can sub the canned tomatoes for fresh. I'm so trying this!

Taylor said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great idea for hot summer days! Hope you're feeling better...

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

mmm! easy and delicious!

hope you are feeling better!

also, dumb question- what is marjoram?

sk said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

marjoram is a spice; on of my favorites. i'm not sure what it looks like fresh, i always get it dried.

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.