Monday, August 22, 2011

Guest Post: Chicken Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette


Pin It Now!


Alright, here's week two's guest post. Haley has graciously agreed to share this amazing chicken salad recipe with all of you while I'm away, this time in the city of brotherly love. Haley and I have been blogging friends for a long time. She amazes me. She was in college, and now nursing school, and she still finds the time to post more often than I do. Amidst all this, she is training to run a 10K. I wish I had her energy. A bonus of her part time job allowed her to be an assistant instructor at a kid's culinary camp. I loved seeing the creative desserts the students came up with. They were much prettier than any cupcake I've ever made. I urge you to check out her blog if you haven't had the opportunity. You'll find a lot of delicious recipes. And now for Haley and her best chicken salad ever...


Hello!

I'm Haley from The Girly Girl Cooks and I was so honored when I was asked to write a guest post for the fantastic blog, Surly Kitchen!

Summer is all about picnics, weddings and BBQ's, so I thought this recipe for Chicken Salad would be perfect for any three of these occasions. Besides being absolutely delicious, this chicken salad is great for all of us watching what we eat because it's made with a delicious vinaigrette and not loaded with guilty mayonnaise! I have the fantastic job of assisting chef's teach culinary classes at work, and this chicken salad sandwich was a total crowd favorite.The bright flavors, colors and freshness of this salad are unbelievable and the dressing is so light and delicious! I know for a fact that you are going to love it!



Chicken Salad with Fresh Tarragon Vinaigrette
Printer Friendly recipe

Here is what you are going to need:
-Meat from 1 Roasted Chicken
-1 small can of Pineapple Chunks, drained and finely diced (1/4")
-1 Red Bell Pepper, finely diced (1/4")
-1/2 small Red Onion, finely diced (1/4")
-Scallion washed and cut into 1/4" slices, greens only

Fresh Tarragon Vinaigrette
-1/4 cup Cider or Red Wine Vinegar
-2 tsp Dijon Mustard
-Zest and juice from 1/2 Lemon
-1 cup Olive Oil
-Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh Tarragon, chopped
-Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Dice chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Add diced pineapple, red pepper, red onion and scallion.

2. Prepare vinaigrette. Whisk together vinegar, mustard, lemon zest and juice. Add olive oil in a slow steady stream, whisking continuously. Add tarragon and season to taste with salt and pepper.

3. Add vinaigrette to salad contents and toss to blend. Salad may be preapared to this point a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
That's it! Super easy to make and totally delicious! It tastes great right when you make it, but even better the next day too!
I hope you enjoy this at your next summer event!

Thanks Amy for inviting me to do a guest post for your awesome blog!
~Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks

Click here for Haley's original post on this delectable chicken salad.

Pin It Now!

1 comments:

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yum- thanks for the recipe haley! it looks great!

hope you are doing well mrs surly :)!

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.