Friday, September 30, 2011

Wicked Good Salsa


Pin It Now!

salsa1


Football season has begun, which means on weekends football is always on our tv. Mr.Surly is very into watching college football, especially the Big Ten teams. He is an alumni of "The" Ohio State University (yes, there was a note of sarcasm in adding the word "the").

The recipe is courtesy of my good friend, Carolyn. A few years ago she had a housewarming party and this was one of the foods she served. It was so good I couldn’t stop eating it; I had to have the recipe. She kindly obliged. I was skeptical of the Italian dressing in salsa, but Carolyn assured me that it was necessary to the recipe.

This salsa is so addicting. I like to use Tostitos Scoops because it makes for an appealing presentation. This is a perfect snack for a weekend of watching football.



Wicked Good Salsa
Printer-friendly recipe

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can blackeyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles (or with zesty jalepenos)
2 serrano (or jalepenos) peppers, seeds removed and diced
2-3 cloves garlic
1 bell pepper (any color) diced
½ small onion or 1 small shallot (opt)
½ c Italian dressing

Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. That’s it. Refrigerate til ready to eat.

I usually leave out the onion because it's a food that hurts my stomach.

salsa2

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow, this looks awesome and so easy to make. I am going to make it to share with friends when we watch the NASCAR race tomorrow

www.gregkantner.com/blog

surlykitchen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

don't be surprised if the salsa is the first food to run out.

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This salsa seriously looks wicked good! I love those little chip bowls too :-)

Wanna Be A Country Cleaver said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh My gosh - I'm sold!! This looks wicked fabulous!! I love the mix of beans and vegg. That's the only way to do a salsa in my eyes. Beautiful!!

Jewels said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I made this on Sunday for the football game (with a few adaptations) and it was so good. I am usually a salsa-in-a-jar girl, but this was so easy and so much more delicious that I will def. opt for making this in the future.

Thanks for the recipe!

Here's a link to the post: http://jewelskitchen.tumblr.com/post/11272552199/moms-chili-a-lesson-in-improvisation-also-irish-corn

FoodEpix said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks delicious. Would love for you to share this with us over at foodepix.com.

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2017 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.