Thursday, May 23, 2013

Strawberry Salsa


Pin It Now!

strawberry salsa 1

Well, we are still slowly transitioning into the Paleo diet. Mr.Surly is following it stricter than I am. I'm finding it a bit stressful to think of various meals that fit the criteria. Mr.Surly has already lost some of his winter weight (a pant size) from the diet and exercise. I think I'm down about 5 lbs, I'm trying to gain that back; I can't lose any weight. I'm still trying to maintain my weight and even gain 5 lbs to be at a healthy weight for my height. Mr.Surly wants to lose weight and get back in shape. Mr.Surly noticed an immediate positive effect from the diet. He feels fuller, needs less snacks during the day, and no longer needs his usual afternoon coffee.

The diet is also supposed said to be good for autoimmune diseases . I can't vouch for how it affects my GI issues because I'm still using dairy and eating wheat.



Strawberries are in season here so I made a strawberry salsa. I had no recipe in mind, I just threw together:
1 quart trawberries
a shallot
juice from a lime
bunch cilantro
pinch kosher salt

I mixed it to taste. Since I have yet to make Paleo-friendly chips/crackes, I served it on top of some chicken I seasoned with mexican spices (cumin, turmeric, ancho chili powder, garlic powder).

It was really delicious. Especially because the strawberries were so sweet; that against the spicy chicken was awesome.

strawberry salsa 2

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Angie's Recipes said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The salsa looks so fresh and appetizing!

sk said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Angie Schneider this was amazing because the strawberries were so juicy and sweet. yum

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.