Saturday, February 7, 2015

I can’t be the only one


Pin It Now!

I believe there must be other people out there who have experienced severe pain attacks. I have been suffering from them monthly for the past 5 years. It starts off as a burning in my abdomen that quickly spreads to my chest. Then BAM….instant pain coursing throughout my body. It feels like a vice is around my rib cage, squeezing all the air out of my lungs. In addition to that, I feel an elephant or bowling ball is on my chest. Also, it feels like someone is pouring hot oil all over from my hips to my pelvis. Intense pain between the shoulder blades. Stabbing, “fire poker” pain in my left, upper abdomen, behind my ribs. This “fire poker” pain feels like a sharp, searing pain, followed by a feeling of ripping out of my flesh; like someone is repeatedly stabbing me with a fire poker. It feels like a hamster is trying to scratch & crawl its way out from behind only my left rib cage. I break out into a sweat, yet my teeth are chattering and I’m freezing cold (I have been told that this feeling of being cold despite sweating is my body going into shock). I lay in a fetal position crying, wrapped in a blanket, trying to gain control of my breathing. I lie there, in intense, debilitating pain, until the attack ceases; anywhere form 30-60 minutes. Once the pain becomes tolerable I’m weak, spent, exhausted. All I can do is drink water and curl up to sleep. I’m dazed, light headed, unsteady.



If Mr.Surly is home he will gently rub my back to help relax me (plus, the rubbing feels good). These attacks hit me anytime, anywhere. Once, I was driving home and crumpled up on the floor upon walking into the house. I awake to them in the middle of the night. Another came after grocery shopping with my husband. My most recent one happened as I was sitting on the couch, looking at pinterest on my ipad. There is no rhyme nor reason to them. Food, menstrual cycle, etc. I keep track of the dates, times, and levels of each attack trying to find some connection. Sometimes I will suffer only one each months. Other months I could suffer thru 2-3.

No doctor can:
1) Tell me what these attacks are
2) Tell me how to stop/prevent them
3) Tell me what causes them

I had one during an MRI, they looked for kidney stones; nope. (Can’t be gallstones because I had my gallbladder removed). I have found Ativan will help ease the attack sometimes.

There MUST be others who have suffered through similar attacks. I need help. I just had an attack 2 weeks ago and I’m so tired of them. I hate not knowing when or where I’ll be when struck down by an attack. And I’m tired of suffering through them. Mr.Surly and I want to start a family, but how can I care for a child with these horrid attacks looming over me? Plus, I’d scare the sh*t out of my child if they ever had to see me endure an attack.

Anyone, please help……….

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Did you find a cause yet? Been suffering with similar symptoms as far as GI on and off since childhood. Just started testing at a research hospital after symptoms increased and became weirder. CT abdomen came back today and they think I have nutcracker syndrome as well.

sk said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Nichole Marie
hi nicole,
unfortunately, no idea what the cause is. i have asked my drs, physical therapist, no one knows. did you see the post i did showing an image of my nutcracker syndrome? http://www.surlykitchen.com/2013/07/fake-it-til-you-make-it.html

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.