Tuesday, July 26, 2011

White Chocolate Macadamia Biscotti


Pin It Now!

biscotti5


I’m finally getting around to posting some recipes. I have just been so exhausted and lethargic the past week or two, all I felt like doing was sleep. But this week I’m trying to get caught up in posting. I wish I had an assistant to help me take and edit the photos, as well as type out the recipes and posts.

I love to have some kind of treat with my morning cappuccino. Biscotti is a favorite, so are cookies, date bars, etc. I had some macadamias, and decided to make a biscotti version of the best cookie ever. It took me a few attempts to get the right ratio of dry to wet ingredients, but all the disasters were still delicious, even if they were too crumbly.

These went fast, I had them with my morning coffee and again in the afternoon with some chai tea. Next time I’m going to make two loaves, as even Mr.Surly was a fan.

biscotti4




White Chocolate Macadamia Biscotti
Printer-friendly recipe
makes 1 small loaf, serves about 4

½ c sugar
4 Tbl butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 ¼ c flour
2/3 c quick oats
1 Tbl ground flaxseed meal (0pt)
½ tsp baking powder
generous pinch salt
¼ c white chocolate chips
1.5 oz (generous ¼ c) chopped macadamia nuts


In a bowl, stir together flour, oats, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, add sugar, melted butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Whisk in the eggs. Add the dry ingredients, along with the chips and nuts, and stir with a rubber spatula (or wooden spoon) until just combined. Cover dough and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes minimum.

When ready to bake, remove dough from fridge and preheat oven to 350F.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. With wet hands, take the dough and form it into a rectangular loaf. Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown. Remove.

Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut loaf into desired portion size. Bake the pieces for about 6 minutes on each side, until golden and toasted.

If desired, drizzle melted chocolate over pieces. Allow to cool completely, before storing in an airtight container.

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Taylor said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm happy to see a post from you! Sorry to hear you've been feeling so tired :( I love the combo of white chocolate and macadamia nuts...this biscotti looks great!!

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wohoo! you are back!

hope you are feeling a little better!

looks gorgeous and i love that bowl!

sk said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

the "bowl" is actually an appetizer plate, with rounded up edges. I got them (a set of four) from target, on clearance for less than $4. i love them, each has a slightly different design, and they are the perfect size for desserts.

i love my target deals. :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Seriously your photos are ridic and I LOVE them, for cereal!! I'm so making this. OMG.

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.