Monday, August 1, 2011

No Bake Cookies


Pin It Now!

no bake6


I haven't had a no bake cookie in a long time; I almost forgot about them. I remember when they were popular back when I was growing up; we used to make them often. I love chocolate and peanut butter, separately, together. Recently, I came across this recipe from my aunt for them and thought they would be perfect to make during these hot, summer temperatures. As an added bonus, they are quick to make, which is necessary for me, since recently I have been feeling more sick than usual.

I was a bit worried about making them with natural peanut butter and, as feared, they turned out to be runny. No problem, the next time I made them (the first batch didn't last long) I added more oats and it took care of the problem. I ended up with beautiful, delicious no bake cookies.



No Bake Cookies
Printer-friendly recipe

2 c sugar
3 Tbl cocoa
pinch salt
¼ c butter
½ c milk
½ c peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 ½ c quick oats

Place oats in a heat safe bowl, set aside.

Add sugar, cocoa, salt, butter, milk, and peanut butter to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and boil one minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Then pour over oats. Stir with a rubber spatula (or wooden spoon). If the mixture still seems runny you can add a handful of oats to thicken it up.

Drop by Tbl onto waxed paper. You can use two spoons or a Tbl cookie scoop (which is what I used). Allow to cool and set up, then store in air tight container. Then watch as they quickly disappear.

no bake5

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.