Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Guest Post: Crab Cakes


Pin It Now!

05:07


Recently, I was contacted by Jenny, a seafood writer, about a guest post opportunity on my blog. I love guests posts;t gives me a day off. I'm open to anyone posting, just contact me. This guest post came at a particularly opportune time; I've been suffering from a severe inner ear infection since Sunday, and I don't see my doctor til wed morning. I can't even articulate my pain.

Anyway, I'm off topic. Like I said Jenny is seafood writer. You can check out her blog here. I was excited when she suggested writing about crab cakes. I'm not a big fan of seafood, but I have a weakness for crab cakes. With the cayenne pepper in Jenny's crab cakes
I'm drooling and thinking about making them as soon as I feel better. And now for Jenny and her wonderful crab cakes....




Now Prepare Crab Cakes in Your Kitchen


Have you ever thought of having yummy sea food without rushing to a sea food restaurant? Have you ever admired of having exotic sea food at your own residence? Seafood is really delicious and the best part is when you can prepare it in your kitchen. It’s quite obvious that you will really get wonder-struck when you see exotic sea food on your dining table and your mouth will definitely start watering when you see lobsters or clams grilled in front of you. Now you can prepare delicious crab cakes with great ease and here I will tell you how to cook zesty crab cakes in your kitchen.

Crab cakes are made of crab meat which is really stimulating and yummy to eat. Your guests can’t help praising you and your skill when you serve them with delicious crab cakes at a party. Crabs are really tasty and instead of restricting yourself to a strict diet, start preparing around 10 crab cakes and satisfy your tastebuds.

So, take a look at this crab cake recipe. You just need to collect the ingredients and have patience in cooking.



Printer-friendly version
Ingredients:
2 fine crumbs of fresh bread
2 large baking sheets
1/3 cup of cornmeal
¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
2 pounds of crab meat
4 eggs
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp salt
Minced fresh parsley
Unsalted butter
Worcestershire sauce
Vegetable oil for frying

Small saucepans
Wire whisks
Sour cream
Spatulas
Food processors

Instructions to cook

At first marinate the melted butter, eggs, sour cream, minced parsley,
Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper and paprika in a large
bowl.

Add the bread crumbs and crab meat to it.

Take half cup of the mixture into 10 cakes and sprinkle it with baking sheet and
corn meal.

Then the crab cakes are sprinkled with the corn meal and cover it in a plastic wrap
for an hour.

Heat up the oven to around 180 degrees F and also heat the oil at a moderate
temperature.

Now bake the cakes and transfer them to paper towels.

Now it’s time to serve the crab cakes after heating in the oven.


___________________________________________________________________________________
Author’s bio – Jenny Smith here instructs you how to cook crab cakes. Crab cakes are really delicious and you can prepare those in your kitchen with great ease.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Inner ear infection? OUCHIE!! Hope the doctor can get you better in a hurry :)

Jenny - These sounds utterly fantastic!

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

these look incredible!

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.