Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The 12 Cocktails of Christmas


Pin It Now!

drinks button 4a


I have been waiting to post about this for weeks. But, since it relates to Christmas (and it's not even Thanksgiving yet), I forced myself to wait until November to share this with all of you. That way, if you want to participate, you have a month to come up with some drinks.

I came up with the idea of doing a 12 cocktails of Christmas, where each day, Dec 1-12, I'd feature a new holiday cocktail. I've been brainstorming different flavor combonations and drinks, along with the help of my sister-in-law (an NYC bartender). So many people do 12 treats or desserts of Christmas that I thought it would be fun and different to feature cocktails instead.

I'm extending an open invitation to any blogger who wants to join in. You drinks can be virgin, spiked, old posts, new posts; there really are no rules except it has to be a beverage. You can join me in posting every day or once, twice, as many times as you want, I'm pretty easy going.

If you're interested, leave a comment or email me (surlykitchen@gmail_dot_com). That way I can remind you as the time comes closer to December 1st. I'm setting up a code for the picture above, which will serve as a button in your blog's side bar, if you want to add it.

I'm actually really excited about this because it involves no cooking! I'm still adjusting to my new doses of medications, and have no energy and no desire to cook. But I promise as soon as I feel better I will post all kinds of deliciousness.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Brigitt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this idea--I'd definitely participate! Hope you feel better soon!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ooo cocktails!!! Yummy, I am not an expert mixer but I may have to make some of these recipes.

I have been using the pumpkin butter for toast in the morning and it's also delicious in oatmeal! I may have eaten by the spoonful the other night for dessert too :-)

claire said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

count me in!

Post a Comment

your comments make my day :)

 

Copyright© 2010-2020 by surlykitchen. All rights reserved.